Categories See All →
Latest Forum Posts
May 13 2013 01:35 AMSelling my phpfox lifetime license no brand
May 09 2013 12:04 PMWatch this Spot
May 08 2013 07:28 AMsell a new IPB license at $120
May 06 2013 11:17 PMPHPBB vs. MyBB vs SMF - easiest to reverse engineer programatically?
May 01 2013 04:04 PM
Users Online33 active user(s) (in the past 15 minutes)
33 guests, 0 anonymous users
10 Rules for Bad Moderators
Far from being a set of rules these are some guidelines that I wrote about "how to be a bad moderator", they don't cover every topic and is only an approach of what not-to-do.
I give them to my moderators. Some of them told me "wow, I never though about that" or "well.. most of them are obvious". Sometimes it is easier to think about what we don't like
How to be a bad moderator:
- Don't visit the forums you are moderating often. Twice a month is enough. Nobody cares.
- Don't start new threads at your forum. That's the users' responsibility. You are only there for editing and deleting threads.
- Argue with users as much as you can. You don't have anything to loose since you are the moderator. Never bring personal matters to private messages. And remember that your opinion is the only one that counts.
- Don't respect the other members, make fun of them. If they make spelling errors then criticize them, if they have a poor or unargumented opinion destroy them with words. If they ask for help about using the forum don't help them.
- If nobody answers a thread don't answer yourself, the user didn't wanted an answer anyway.
- If a user makes a dupe thread in the forum don't be nice, it's the users’ fault not to know the 40+ pages that the forum has in search of a similar thread. And never ever give him a link to the content he is searching for.
- Don't edit the bad words in posts. Fights are fun!
- If a user is misbehaving ban him immediately, don't try sending him a private message or a warning, it's useless.
- Close all the threads you want. Users love to see closed threads.
- A way to be cool is to talk about the private forum threads in the public forum. Administrators love the fact that you tell all the users about the content of the private threads.
Feel free to comment on them or add any that I am missing. Remember that the purpose is to be a really bad moderator